Friday, July 11, 2008

The 4th of July

Ok, so my 4th was tons of fun!! My old roommate Sarah called me very early to drag my lazy butt out of bed to go to the parade. So we rode our bikes down to Center street and watched the parade for about 2 hours. You know it just amazes me that some people will spend the night on Center Street just to get a good place to watch the parade. I've been in parades and they are not THAT interesting. But to each their own!

Then after the parade we made our usual trip to burger supreme (we did this same thing last year in case you were wondering). Burger supreme was ABSOLUTELY wonderful!! Then we went swimming and caught some rays. Then after that we went the the pre-show party in the Stadium parking lot and went crazy getting free stuff!! And we met some celebrities...haha...well sort of...These guys are a couple of BYU football players...nice huh...haha...well they said that they would only take a picture with us if we knew some kids that would come to their football camp...of course we said that we did...not entirely ture...but oh well...haha...


And yes Sarah had to get her picture taking with Elvis...when the king is around it's a must...

And of course we can't forget Smokey the Bear...haha...I think i'm more excited about my free hotdog that I got...haha...

Then the fireworks. Allysa and Richard and Natalie and Phil (both were my roommates before recently getting married) came down to watch the fireworks from the grass by Alta.

In all it was a really good 4th of July. I love this holiday because it's such a wonderful thing to celebrate independence. Freedom is something that I think that a lot of us take for granted. It's really hard not to I will admit but I think that it is important that we, as a country are truly thankful for the freedom that so many gave their lives for!

No comments: