Monday, June 16, 2008

The Sunny Weekend...

Well it's soooo wonderful to see that we have hit summer. Lorie (my roommate) and I decided that since we had nothing to do all weekend we would lay by the pool and get a some sun...and boy did we...haha...She fried her back pool girl!! I got really red and then the next day it was gone...maybe now I'll tan. I was super scared to go out in the sun though...for those of you who don't know about 2 months ago I decided to hit up the tanning beds because I was going to Cali for a for my best-friend's (Alyssa Wilson Beers) wedding and the dress she wanted me to wear (I was a brides-maid), I thought would look better if I had a tan. Well things did NOT go according to plan. I ended up with 2nd degree burns on 80% of my body. It was the strangest thing because I had been tanning before and I only went for 12 min. Well I was not able to walk for a couple of days and I was put in Steroids for 5 days to reduce the swelling...it was miserable!! So needless to say I have been a little apprehensive to go out in the sun. But I sucked it up and went tanning and got a little burnt...haha...but it's gone now!

So last Friday was Friday the 13th...scary...I watched The Eye with Luke...he however was no fun because 20 min into the movie he was fast asleep...he was just a little tired! Anyways...the movie had a few jumpy parts, but other then it was a bust! I was expecting WAY more then I got and it was a little slow! I wanted to get really good and scared because it was Friday the 13th...I was disappointed...oh well. Live and learn as they say! Not really sure who "they" are...but apparently they are very smart...haha...

This Sunday I called my dad to wish him a Happy Father's day and our conversation lasted maybe 10 min. For those of you who don't know my dad...he is just not a talker whether it's in person or over the phone. Normally I have to force him to listen to all my stories...he's so funny but I sure do love him lots!!

No comments: